Sunday, February 8, 2009

Your 2009 SCYL President!


Hi! My name is Nina and I am this year’s SCYL president! This is my first year being an officer but I’ve been attending retreats since Blairhaven 2005. I am very excited to be president and I will do my very best to represent the Swedenborgian youth. And now I will tell you a few things about myself! I am sixteen years old. I am a vegetarian and have been since I was ten. I love musicals a lot and my favorite would indisputably be Rent. I also love skiing, but I love flip flops and beaches and warm sunny days more which is why summer is my definitely favorite season! When I finally get my license I would like to own a pink hybrid buggy convertible, but I don’t think they make those. An interesting fact about me is that my great, great, great grandfather was a slave from the Ivory Coast, making me about 3.1% African! I very much enjoy eating various forms of artificially colored/flavored sugar such as pixy stix and fundip! I love polka dots, and bright, exciting colors, and intense thunder storms! My two kittens make me happier than almost anything else in the world! If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to Greece and visit that island where all the houses have blue roofs. I like to sing to pass the time. And I am one of the few people in the world who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies! So… that’s me in a nutshell. Hopefully if you are reading this and I don’t know you, we’ll eventually meet and I will get to learn about you!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey, Nina. This is Katie Brown (you may ...or may not....remember me from convention). Nice write-up! Your African ancestor and distaste for chocolate chip cookies were very interesting pieces of information! Plus, I noticed that your picture appears to be in Pfister lounge - right? (The wood panelling and curtains look familiar).
Anyway - congrats on becoming SCYL President. That should be fun. This is my last year on the Education Support Unit of convention - so I'm encouraging everybody on EdSU to check out the SCYL blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie! I am pretty sure I do remember you. Were you one of dorm moms at Almont 2005? If not I'm probably thinking of a different Katie. And I think that's pfister lounge, but I don't really know the names of the rooms at Almont. It's the one woth the coma couch and the organ.