Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SCYL Canadian Officer


Hi, I’m Jake and I’ll be your Canadian / Activities officer this year. I have been the exact same officer for the past 2 years, but haven’t done much, so this year I hope to really go all out and make some changes in SCYL and attend more retreats and stuff. This will be my last year in the SCYL since I will be 18 for most of the year, so I want to make it count.

I live in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and I have been living here my whole life. I am in my last year of high school and am a part of the cross-country team and rugby team for it. I work at a local grocery store, which I despise with a passion. I enjoy a wide range of music, but modest mouse is my favorite at the moment. I enjoy making films, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Anyways, to sum it up SCYL has made a huge difference in my life and I really want to help give back to it. I love all the retreats I’ve been to and everyone I’ve met. Hope to see you all soon!

No comments: