Thursday, September 10, 2009

Former League President Rev. Jennifer Tafel

We continue our profile on former SCYL Presidents ~ Where are they now?

This month's featured former League President:

Rev. Jennifer Tafel
Served 1991 - 1992













Jenn at age 15 all ready for the Almont winter retreat dance party!


What did she do and where is she now?


I am currently minister for the Lansing Swedenborgian Church in Michigan.

I was ordained at Hope College in Holland, MI in 2007. I am blessed to be where I am on this faith journey.


I got married to Bill Prout in April of this year (2008) at Wayfarers Chapel in Palos Verdes, California. T

his is probably the biggest adventure of my life. We just moved into our home over Thanksgiving weekend last year. Our black lab, Pete, is a source of joy and frustration all at once!! We are blessed to have a roof over our head and food on the table (or TV tray as the case may be!!)


Being president of the SCYL was a true honor. I served for 1 1/2 years because it was in my "reign" as president that we moved the election process from Convention to Winter Retreat. We also changed the name from NCYL (New Church Youth League) to the SCYL (Swedenborgian Church Youth League). Being president of the SCYL helped keep me engaged in the church which was one huge saving grace in my life. It's interesting to look back and see how God was working in my life...the SCYL was part of my path to ministry I do believe.









Teenage Jenn in the Almont dorm at winter retreat.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I swear that first photo inspired the movie Edward Scissorhands. It's one of my all time favorites - it was the ultimate in cool at the time.

Myrrh Brooks said...

Go Jen! What a fun picture selection. More more give us more!

And I completely agree about Pete. Jake, my own black lab is just the same.

lots of love,
m