Sunday, July 5, 2009

Heaven and Hell



At the end of Convention this year churches, groups and Associations put on short performances summarizing a work by Swedenborg. The SCYL was responsible for Heaven and Hell. Janice (lyrics/vocals) and Ethan (music/guitar) wrote an incredible original song about the afterlife and other members of the SCYL performed a skit to go with the song (starring Cody awakening in the afterlife; Nina as punk rock God; Rachel, Celie and Alice in a heavenly community; and Holly and Sam in a hellish community). Here are Janice's lyrics to the song and the video of the SCYL performance of Heaven and Hell.

I Will See You Soon

[Chorus]
No matter no matter who you've left behind.
They will join another time.
Say I will see you soon.

We are as we are.
Unchanged the same remains.
We are who we are.
Where we are is where we are.

Look at their insides.
Glowing with generosity.
Dazzling dancer won't you dance for no other.
Every pour sweats of beauty.
No they don't stray.

Chorus

In the darkness those who rebel.
Satisfied to be unsatisfied.
We wouldn't think they were happy but they are happy.
Happy to be unsatisfied.
They have a fight to fight
Revenge for their losses.
Vengeance for their pride.

Their was a little boy his heart filled with joyful sadness sick
and couldn't get out of bed.
He looked at his mother as she stroked his head.
Closed his eyes and was taken towards the sky.
Between two worlds he saw a whole new way of life.
Before him all his options.
A day in a new world another in the next.
Now he walks that path.

There was a little bit of everything there.
There was a little bit of everything.
There was.
Take this take that.
I love you I hate you thank you.
Which do you love.

Darkness and light both shine just as bright.
Morally which is in the right.
Which do you wish upon.
Which do you belong.

Chorus

I know I'm a little confused.
I know that this is something that I couldn't choose.
I know which I belong.
But do I fit.
This big question remains which do I have to take.
One day I'll break the struggle.
One day I'll be sure I touched the sky.

The most beautiful place within me.
Is where I will be.
This is my tranquility.
This is where I'm supposed to be.
So I say.

Chorus
Say I'll see you soon.

No comments: