Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Can I Find Here?

The most important thing you will find on this blog, are blogs (or stories). Perhaps some of you have a blog going yourself. A blog is simply an online diary or journal. So this SCYL blog is just a running record (in reverse chronological order) of the activities, interests and stories related to our church youth league and it's teen members. Since this is a SCYL blog, the content should not only consist of me writing about the teens in the SCYL, it should also be teens writing about teens (in other words you writing about you and your friends!). If you have a story, a picture, a poem, news about your life or church, or anything else of interest, just email it to me. This is your blog. I'll keep posting, but it will only be as fun, entertaining and useful as you make it. If any one of you is really into blogging, we can look at adding you as an author. Until then, just send stuff to me in an email, and I'll see that it gets posted asap.

On the left, you will also see some information. At the top is a slide show with pictures from retreats over the past year. It currently cycles thru about 50 pictures. I can add more pictures to this. If you have a picture you would like to include, just email it to me and I'll add it. If you see a picture on there that you would rather not see, please feel free to let me know and I'll take it off. No questions, no problem. One of the more useful sections of this blog is the "upcoming events" area. I'll try to keep it up to date so you always know what is coming up. If you see something you are interested in going to, send me an email and we'll try to make it happen. If your address changes or if you would like to receive papermail, simply find the "keep in touch" area and send me an email with your address. At the bottom of the left column you will find a few links that you may want to check out. One link takes you to a SCYL website that we have on the Swedenborg church online community. The middle link will take you to the Swedenborgian denomination site which provides you with information on what we believe, who Swedenborg is and also an extensive list of Swedenborgian books you can browse online. The last link directs you to the Swedenborgian Online Community home page, in case you want to join in on a chat or find other friends and resources about our online church community. If you think of anything else you would like to have on this blog, please let me know.

Thanks for reading. Keep the material coming my way and check in often to see what's new. Lastly, please let me know what you are most interested in reading about and seeing. I'll do my best to keep posting (at least once a week) but I need your input to know if what you are looking at is interesting and informative and fun for you!

No comments: