Monday, August 18, 2008

Convention 08 - Day 3


by Nina

Day 3: On the third day of Convention we did our worship service in front of everyone! I think it went very well. I’d say the best parts were Cassie’s depressing scripture reading, Molly, Kate, and Nemo’s skit, Janice, Cody, and MB’s amazing performance of Janice’s original song, and of course Marybeth’s incredible solo. I’ll admit I got a little teary eyed during that part. Oh and of course when Cody got everyone to chant “LIVE YOUR LOVE! LIVE YOUR LOVE!” and we all fell down! I think we pretty much exceeded everyone’s expectations. Go us! It was also the Fourth of July so after the worship service us patriotic ones changed into our red, white, and blue outfits/ fireworks shorts. After lunch some of us went to the movies and others went to Plymouth Rock. I went with the movie group to go see Wall-E. It was surprisingly deep for a computer-animated Disney movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Upon returning we had a barbeque, tossed around the Frisbee, and a bunch of us learned some crazy conta-dancing moves! That was a definite highlight for me. Then we sat on top of the hill and watched fireworks that were partially obstructed by trees and buildings but were still super-exciting! And wayyyy later that night at like 2:00am Holly and I decided to give Cody a makeover! So we French braided his hair and did his makeup and painted his nails and made him wear my pink dress and furry purple flip flops! It was quite the sight so we paraded him around the campus only to find that everyone had gone to bed! It was very upsetting. But then we did it again the next day when everyone was still awake and Matt let us give him a makeover too so.. it all worked out pretty well.

No comments: