Saturday, May 15, 2010

Teen Profile: Naomi

Buongiorno, hello, my name is Naomi. I'm not very good at writing letters and stuff about myself, I always think of what I should have said after I submit my writing. So bear with me. I live near a pretty cool city called Cleveland. It's a lot of fun, has an awesome independent theater, beautiful parks and museums, and frikin awesome pizzerias. I am passionate about films, watching them, not being in them. Music can easily change my mood, from one extreme to the other. Umm....weird, different, and odd anythings are what I prefer. Conformity is a waste. Going to retreats opens my mind about the world every time I go. Spending time in nature and with my bestiest best friend make me super-D duper happy. My bestiest best friend and I job hunt all the time, we've filled out many applications and done many odd jobs, but never have time to splurge at concerts....the biggest dream I have is to spend a week or more in every country in the world and learn whole or part of the languages in the process. Second to that dream is to go to Lollapoloza when MGMT and Green Day are on tour which would be this summer btw, but it is way too expensive at the moment.

Both of these paintings were done when I was in 8th grade (2007-2008) and both done in watercolor.

This painting with a cigarette in it was basically my inspirations and feelings of that school year (which was the best year ever besides kindergarten). The floral makeup and pop art represented my feelings of confidence and peace.

The girl in the melting kimono is my favorite painting that I had ever done, I have written this sentence 5 times and cannot find a good way to describe it any better than the fact that it's simple, eerie, and has the 3 best colors in it: grey, purple, and blue.
In that art class I sat with 3 really artsy kids and one who was not at all. One of the artsy kids was depressed most of the time, the other one was a bubbly shy girl who loved the color pink, and the last chick was a mixture of the two. Those girls and my crazy art teacher, made that year the best year I've ever had in art. Why are all art teachers crazy by the way?

2 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elna33 said...

I am so thrilled by the young people in our group of leaders today. I had an art teacher back in the olden days of 1961. His name was David Rittenhouse and I believe he could see your soul. He passed from this earth much too soon in 1964. Yes, art teachers are different! Thank God. It looks as though Convention is going to be amazing this year. Elna Hoffman