Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teen Profile: Holly

Hello, My name is Holly. My favorite colors are sunshine yellow and eggplant purple. I like sewing, sailing, skiing, soccer, art, math, and dancing. I am a techie at my school who builds sets for plays and does the lighting. We recently did Once Upon A Mattress and I built the bed of twenty mattresses. I'm making a ring in art club with the first few digits of pi carved into it. In art class I'm making a painting based on the painting five by the artist Robert Indiana. In my other art class I just finished a two piece still life series with objects from my room. On Wednesdays my friends and I play soccer on the fields behind my school. I am on a Relay For Life team which supports cancer research. The event takes place only a couple days after school gets out and will probably be the first constructive thing I do this summer. Our team name is The Colors of Hope and each member is picking a color for the theme lap from the crayola crayons. I'm debating between yellow sunshine, which seems like the perfect color for the beginning of summer, and laser lemon, which has awesome alliteration! I'm extremely happy right now because the weather has been beautiful this week. I love most weather though. The rain especially. My favorite movie is Titanic; but Rent and A Walk on the Moon follow closely behind. I love Jones soda and have twelve Jones bottles on my dresser right now. I'm making my dress for junior prom and it's hot pink and sparkly. I feel like a princess just thinking about it :D. I spent last Saturday night on Nina's couch watching The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, which is a horribly sad movie. Afterwards we watched Friends though, which is really funny! I love summer but I love snow too. I do not like sauce. I love Disney Classics and I'm really mad that I have not yet seen the new princess movie. I really want to travel the world.

[Here are a couple of pictures that Holly drew in art class. I asked her to explain them and this is what she wrote ~ Kurt]

well i dont
remember exactly which time the jones bottle is from. i know its from camp. and i know the orange bouncy ball is from this memorial day from the bowling alley. cody bought two bouncy balls and i guess i took them and put them in my sweater pockets then i carried them around with me in my pockets until convention when i gave one back. thats the other one hahaha and then the ring of twisted glow sticks is from my first winter retreat. we all got them at the roller rink then when we went back to almont we were throwing them like frisbees. in the other picture the rock is from the bottom of emerald pool. i jumped down and got a bunch and then i picked my favorite two but i couldnt name them so cody named the romulus and remus after roman history hahaha that rock was romulus. and the sea shell is from blairhaven :D if you want me to write that more well hahaha i can

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....this is the first time I've seen your art, Holly. It's fabulous!