Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Former League President Rev. Kevin Baxter

We start a new feature this month. Former SCYL Presidents ~ Where are they now?

This month's featured former League President:

Rev. Kevin Baxter
Served 1990


What did he do and where is he now?


I believe I was elected in Olds Canada.
I don't remember much from my time as president, but i do remember we tried to do some charitable work and fundraising along with the normal teen retreat schedule. I think my greatest contribution to the League was lobbying convention in 1993 (I think) to get the
SCYL a voice (two votes) on the floor of Convention.




As for where I am almost twenty years later... I am a minister of the Gospel in the Swedenborgian Church (currently serving the Cambridge Society). I am the director of Almont Summer School, served a few years as league chaplain and still try to attend retreats when my schedule allows. In retrospect, it is tough to say what influence being President has had, but certainly the influence of camp and the SCYL is a part of who I am today. The League friendships have lasted a lifetime and the memories still make me laugh.

No comments: