Monday, January 26, 2009

Reflections on the 2008 Almont Winter Retreat

By Nina

Almont ’08 was utterly amazing! …pretty much the third best retreat type thing I’ve ever been to (after Convention ’08 and Memorial Day ’08). This retreat was much bigger all the others I’ve attended (29 teens!) And we still managed to fit practically everyone on the coma couch! I really loved having so many people there and still being able to really connect with the other teens, even in such a large group. It was truly fabulous. I also very much enjoyed this Almont’s topic- the seven deadly sins. I believe I learned numerous things during the sessions that I will be able to apply to situations I encounter throughout my life. I found the topics of sloth, which I have decided is the worst sin of all, and lust to be most interesting. I also realized during this retreat how much of a glutton I am! So basically, this year’s Almont was magnificent.

No comments: